Schindler;431362 Wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a pair or Mirage M-890i Bipolar speakers (2 woofers / 2
> tweeters).
>
> Now one felt to the ground an a woofer broke. Mirage still has
> replacment woofers and because I like the speakers sound I want to
> replace the woofer.
>
> Now I am not sure if I should replace all 4 woofers or just one? The
> local Mirage distributor told me I should only replace the dead one.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Christian

My first question is how is it broken? Is it just the surround? Is it
the voice coil? Can you determine what actual is wrong with the woofer?

Because if its just the surround, I would have the drive repaired.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Expedition: SB3, ToughBook