U.K. dealers I have spoken to who sell both Logitech and Linn have told
me that a Sneaky DS is close to a Transporter, and a Majik DS (around
£1.5k) better. The DS architecture has many advantages over a SB3 +
external DAC type configuration. All Linn models share the same custom
upsampling engine. There are some interesting Linn white-papers here:

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

And I guess you have to ask who do you think is more likely to make the
best sounding product? Linn, who have been making top-end audiophile
equipment and award winning recordings for 25 years, or Logitech whose
main business is $15 webcams? Now that Sean Adams has left, is there
really any future for the Transporter? And now that Windows 7 supports
media renderers, like the DS, is there any future for Squeezecenter?

--
JezA