I am waiting for the HiFi mainstream to wake up to the reality of
streaming. I bought the SB3 and a Beresford DAC as an interim solution
to bolt onto an ageing system with considerable pedigree. I have not
been disappointed.

I am waiting for the likes of Arcam, Cyrus, Quad and even the
international oriental biggies to come up with streaming HiFi
solutions.

I am hoping for open standards, if not open source, so that receiving
hardwares from different manufactures will all work together, and to the
same server.

Would someone please tell me how Windows 7 tries to pull this together
- and how bit perfect transfer problems are being solved in MS Windows.
Does Apple have a similar open strategy?

The AVI approach of the digital active speaker seems sensible, but does
not go far enough - the speaker should have a stream receive built in as
well as a DAC, remote control, and power amps.

AVI is right in saying that the cost of the electronics is negligible
and the cost of many cases can be saved by integration.

Digital Active speakers must be the way forward, but I note what some
say about the problems of microphony - that can be minimised by good
design.

Is there no sign of Meridian adding a stream receiver to their
speakers? Nice for those who can afford Meridian!

I don't want too much, do I?

--
Labarum

Brian

Squeezebox 3 Classic and Virgin Cable Box
Beresford DAC TC-7510 MK6/4 - Quad 405-2 refurbished by 405man
Quart 980s Speakers
Boom in kitchen.