earwaxer;447067 Wrote:
> It would be cool if Sean could explain how the volume control still
> "works" when it is bypassed - the volume level changes on the player
> screen and in squeezecenter but it seems to be out of the circuit

See my post. I don't know if it was the intention, but this "fictional
volume" behavior makes it very nice for controlling the volume on amps
that feature RS232 or Ethernet/TCPIP control options. If you read the
Perl source, I believe the difference is merely that when output is
fixed, Squeezecenter doesn't send SlimProto volume commands to the
player when the "volume" changes.

If the fictional volume bugs you, install my VolumeLock plugin and
"lock" the fictional volume at 100%.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock