CreativeAnto;447859 Wrote:
> Could there be a problem if I have had existing Wi-Fi issues in my
> home... I purchased Apple Airport Express a few months back to stream my
> iTunes library of music to my Rotel Hi-Fi and it never worked
> successfully. Could I have similar issues with Duet..?? Or is
> Transporter really the only real viable solution ?
>
> Thanks again for all your advice.... great to hear from fellow Rotel
> users.... I love my system... but really do want to have the choice of
> either listening to a new album on single CD.... or flicking through my
> library at the touch of a button.
>
> Anthony

Hello Anthony and welcome to the Forum. If you have the money, I would
say go for the Transporter. It is top shelf equipment.

As for WiFi issues, 90 percent of the time reception issues are caused
by poor choice of access point location. The access point location needs
to be what is best for providing the best overall coverage and not what
is easiest or closest to the PC/Cable Modem/Router for setting up the
WAP. And yes part of the idea behind WiFi is to remove the issues of
running CAT5 to hard to reach places. But if the WAP isn't setup
correctly or optimized, then one ends up back where one started in
needing to run CAT5! I feel it makes more sense spending the time (and
some times money) to make one CAT5 or Internet Cable run to the optimum
place for ones WAP so that no other work needs done and no other cables
need to be pulled because the WiFi was done correctly the first time.

Last but not least, if you enjoy music as much as I do, it could be
well worth the trouble it would take to run CAT5 from the server to a
Transporter. Another solution could be to build and place a server right
where the Transporter will be located. Bet there is an old unused PC or
Mac that could be pressed into service.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB3, ToughBook