pfarrell;458801 Wrote:
> The DAC has nothing to do with SPDIF output, the signal is sent out the
> SPDIF output before it goes to the DAC.

I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clearer since I'm well aware of the
above.

pfarrell;458801 Wrote:
> What you seem to be missing is that SPDIF needs to be clocked, and there
> is nothing in the TCP/IP stream that tells how to do that. So a smarter
> device could do a better job.

Now that's more like it. But I'm still unclear as to why one S/PDIF
output would sound "better" than any other S/PDIF output since most good
external DACs will reclock the output anyway.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2