JohnSwenson wrote:
> On the subject of S/PDIF in general, I despise it, I consider it one of
> the worst things ever foisted on the general public.

Its not a  bad design given its target audience. It was a consumer, mass
market interconnect, aimed at the same folks who have never listened to
anything other than heavily compressed MP3s over the ear buds included
in your PMP.

It delivers on that requirement.

It was never seen as an audiophile or "pro-audio" connection.

While I don't think its acceptable for critical systems, I disagree that
its worthy of hatred. Its perfect for 2 inch diameter "full range"
speaker systems.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/