Differentiate between recording and playback when discussing this.

For playback imho 24/96 should be everything a human being ever needs
.

To record at 24/192 for further processing is good practice. It's often
forgotten in the audiophile debate that A to D recording is much harder
(brick wall filters et al ) than the playback D to A process .

Actually just enjoy the music these new hirez standards is well chosen
as they are "better" than any existing hardware thus the delivery format
will never be the bottle neck anymore .

Actually given the typical output levels of DAC's there is no true 24
bit dacs the last bits are drowned in the noise .
I think supra conducting materials and cryogenic-ally coled equipment
is needed . I read somewhere that the voltage from a passive resistor
just due to random noise from the atoms and electrons moving around is
higher than the last bits !

--
Mnyb