mmc;474220 Wrote:
> I have a squeeze box, only used fixed digital output to feed my external
> DAC. I fed 176.4K files, 96K files (downloaded from reference
> recordings, verified by reading the tags) into the squeeze box from
> squeeze center.  these files played both through the analog output and
> the SPDIF output.  But my external DAC displayed 44.1K.
> My question, does anyone know what happened to the hirez files inside
> the squeeze box?  did it just down convert to 44.1K?  Is the squeezesbox
> capable of higher than 44.1K data?  Where would I find information on
> this?
> thanks.

What version of the server software are you running, and what hardware
is the server running on?

SOX is used on recent server versions but only on platforms that can
support it (e.g. some NAS don't).

This will downsample according a multiple of the original file rate, so
176.4 will go down to 44.1, 96 will go down to 48.

SB devices can only output 24/48 max (apart from Transporter and
Touch)

If you are really seeing a 24/96 file going down to 44.1, that implies
that SOX is not being used.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio