jh901;480081 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have SqueezeBox Duet that I set to max volume and then use my Cary
> Pre-amp analog volume.  Should I do the same with a Transporter which I
> expect in the next week or so?  And if that is NOT the case and I should
> use the Transporter volume, where do I set the pre-amp volume!?
You should exclusively use your preamplifier's volume.
The only exception would be, if your pre doesn't have a remote and you
find more practical to use the TP's remote. In this case, you should set
the TP's volume to max, then put your pre's volume to the maximum
"acceptable" (in an everyday use) listening level, then use the TP's
remote for controlling the volume. ;)

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Cyrus 8xp - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus