results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71190
Question: Are you using the Transporters BALANCED outputs to make
connection to your amp?

- Yes
- No

pfarrell;483412 Wrote:
> Pneumonic wrote:
> > For me I have always used single ended connections with high level
> > audio signals because I was under the impression that most audio
> designs
> > start off with signals that are unbalanced so that transforming them
> > balanced requires additional circuitry which isn't conducive to
> > maintaining the purity of the original signal.
>
> I don't think your "most" can be extended to "all", my Classe amp has
> balanced inputs, they are the primary input for line level signals.
> Many
> high end preamps and amps are balanced all the way.
> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/
Hi, Pat

I understand that many amps use balanced circuitry (and I have had
countless ones that were truly balanced throughout the years). I'm
talking about source signals. My understanding is that most of them
start off their life being unbalanced and end up undergoing
transformation whilst being converted into balanced somewhere along the
line.

--
Pneumonic

Main:

Transporter
Squeezebox 3 > Metric Halo ULN2
.................... > Sonic Frontiers Ultra Jitterbug > Roksan DAC/PS
Modwright Sony SCD 777ES
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Preamp
Quicksilver Silver 90 Mono Power amps
Martin Logan CLS IIa Speakers