Phil Leigh;485372 Wrote:
> In theory, all of the following should produce nearly identical
> results:
>
> 7.2 FLAC vs 7.2 WAV  -71dB correlation difference track inaudible
> 7.2 FLAC vs 7.5 FLAC -86dB correlation difference track inaudible
> 7.2 WAV vs 7.5 WAV   -75dB correlation difference track inaudible
> 7.2 WAV vs 7.5 FLAC  -71dB correlation difference track inaudible
> 7.2 FLAC vs 7.5 WAV  -51dB ... difference track is audible (with
> boost)
> 7.5 WAV vs 7.5 FLAC  -88dB correlation difference track inaudible
>
> hmmm... I can't explain result #5
> Will repeat the tests tomorrow.

Cheers Phil, much appreciated

Maybe you can do the test for 7.4.1 as well compared to 7.2. Are you
doing these tests with wave streaming natively when playing a wave file
and then changing the server settings to  stream the wav file as flac?
Lets not forget by default the server software is set to stream wav
files in flac.  Basically you
1. Test outputs with Diff software when playing a wav file to stream as
Wave/PCM then change the settings on the slim server to the default,
which streams wav files in flac by default then test the outputs with
Diff software again.

Reapeat the same for 7.4.1. I am also interested to see the difference
for 7.5 as well. So far it seems with boost there is a difference. If
this stands then that will explain a few things guess. Just logged in
quickly to catchup on any interesting postings. Cheers

--
Louishlomador