I was very surprised too, that Logitech did not replace the unit. I am
located at Germany and the unit was just a half year old and within
warranty.
Because I had troubles with the transporter for two times, I am not
really sure if I really want another one. And this experience with the
Logitech warranty behaviour did the rest.

I am not sure if I will complain about getting my money back. I like
this shop very much, it is a small hifi dealer near my hometown. I think
I will take the money for some nice new speakers.

--
Aurumer