pfarrell;485840 Wrote:
> Kellen wrote:
> > seanadams;485825 Wrote:
> >> I think there are products that do that....
> > I mean connecting an external DAC to a transport.
> >
> > Is this not feasible to do with TCP/IP? If so, is it not better than
> > SPDIF and USB?
>
> Why would you want to do that?
>
> All the Transporter is in essence is a TCP/IP collector and a nice
> DAC.
> If you want to use some other DAC, start with an SB3.
>

> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/
I don't have a Transporter. I already have a SB3 which I am using as a
transport to feed an EAD DAC via SPDIF.

With all of the talk about how poor SPDIF is wrt jitter, I was curious
if it is possible to use TCP/IP (which doesn't seem to be as prone to
jitter) in its place. So, hypothetically, instead of using a SPDIF cable
to connect my SB3 to my EAD, use TCP/IP cable instead.

--
Kellen