JohnSwenson;485929 Wrote:
> I tried to do some AudioDiffMaker tests this weekend on a Touch and was
> not very successful. I could not get a decent null on even the same
> track played with identical settings. I did this many times with several
> different ADCs and could not get a decent null (26dB!) when using the
> adaptive gain. When I turned that off I could get a 70dB null but that
> was it, I could still hear the music in the diff track so I don't think
> it was just due to noise.
>
> At this point I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this.
> The software is supposed to be able to get a BETTER null with the
> adaptive gain than without, but that does not seem to be happening, so
> there seems to be something wrong either with the software (or more
> likely) my use of it.
>
> BTW you can read my listening impressions of these tests in the Touch
> forum in the TinySC audibility thread.
>
> John S.

John - are you using version 3.2?

You will need to have Gain Alignment and Time Alignment checked on the
settings page.

As a test, what happens if you rund the SAME file as the reference and
compared tracks?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio