Hi All,

As I promised, i've loan a SB DUET form a friend of mine and i did the
same measure.

This is the result:

parameters: 18,8msec, 0,004dB (L),  0,001dB (R)..Corr Depth: 86,1 dB
(L), 85,2 dB (R)

And if you lissen to the difference file, Is quite the same as the SB+
One!

So If something is wrong in my system IS NOT the SB (unless both have
the same fault, ...mmmh....)

Remember that I'm comparing a WAV FILE vs the FLAC version of the same
file, converted "on the fly" in WAV by the server.

Paranoia caught me, so I tryed again to convert the flac file in wave
and viceversa using FLAC front end, then compare the wav files with FC
/B: no difference.

Confused...I'm waiting for the Phil results, then other steps I could
plan are:

1. install SBS onto another PC from scratch, just to see if is a server
side problem or not.

2. catch the DIGITAL OUT from SB, just to avoid the D/A converter, but
then the one in the USB Soundcard will be involved, so i'm not sure is a
good test. Someone Know how to 'save' and compare directly the
bitstreams?

3. Change the network cable/device (router and switch) but this will
sound realy, realy, realy strange to me, as if file transfert from a
computer to another could fail, depending on the file type...

Any other test you think could be helpfull?

Thanks

Marco

--
marcoc1712