Hi All,

I've tried the same test using the SPDIF OUT of the duet and this is
the result:

Parameters: -501,6msec, 0,000dB (L),  0,000dB (R)..Corr Depth: 138,0 dB
(L), 139,4 dB (R)

Very similar to the one Phil detected (maybe I was testint dig out
too...).

The DIFF File is INAUDIBLE (at least to me)!!!

So, in my opinion is the A/D Converter section IN SB (both Duet and
SB+) that is somehow influenced from the file type in origin, don't ask
me How, but for shure till the SPDIF Out, signals are allmost equal, at
least to ADM and my Ears.

Good new: If You are using an external DAC, no matter using FLAC or WAV
(BUT I've not tested yet what realy happen at the out connectors of the
esternal DAC), if you are using the SB internal DAC you HAVE differences
in the output sound.

Some tech could make more accurate mesure and try to explain the why,
but now i'm sure is not a problem in the server nor in the net, but
located in between the SPDIF OUT and the ANALOG OUT in SB (both the 2
model i've tested).

Could be intresting if someone else could try the same in His own SB
and report.

I'm going to resume my old AR DAC 1/20 and try!

P.s.

Many thanks to Phil, you open me to ADM, that is a very powerfull tool,
i'm going to use it in many other situation, EARS (and brain) are
questionable, but if you get the same results by a software is easyer.

Many thanks and regards to all.

Marco.

--
marcoc1712