norderney;494623 Wrote:
> Can you explain what is meant by the term 3 or 4 way speakers?
>
> Would my existing B&W CDM1NT stand mounted speakers be 2 way?
>
> Sorry if this question is a bit basic, but I am not a hi-fi expert, but
> I am trying to learn!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the short answer: You got a very nice system, I love them
spacious sounding speakers!
Here's the short warning: You could do worse by spending more!
Here's what I think you can improve quickly: Get a quality B&W sub and
play w/ it but keep an ear out for boomy or muddy low end by staying
south of 80Hz lowpass, I prefer 50Hz and lower. You may not realize how
much good clean low bass CAN improve your hifi!
Welcome to the dark side...

--
empty99