Marco - let's summarise where we are:
1) wav vs flac via spdif = identical
2) wav vs flac via analogue = identical

So let's move on... to your bigger question. In normal playback, what
are the effects of the SB clock drift and the design of the DAC and
final analogue stage?

To answer this, we need to do a different test. For this we need to
compare in ADM an original WAV rip from a CD with a recording of
playback from the analogue outputs of the SB. To eliminate errors in the
recording process we again need to lock the ADC to the spdif so that
both ADC and SB are running from the same (SB) clock. However this will
not eliminate any clock drift between the original recording and the SB
clock.

To be clear, this is as close as we can get to comparing exactly what
was written to the CD vs what is coming out of the SB DAC and will tell
us how accurate the DAC is in retrieving the original music.

Any errors will caused by one of two things:
1) frequency/phase response errors in the analogue output stage of the
DAC
2) clock drift (sample rate) errors between the clock used to create
the CD
and the clock in the SB

This is a very hard test - it is brutal.

More later...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio