kphinney;495422 Wrote:
> Is comparing these the way I did fair?  OR....
>
> Does the SB Server "sense" the capabilities of the attached device and
> cycle up the CPU or down covert accordingly?  In other words, does the
> file processing change if I'm running a SB3 only vs. a TP only vs.
> both?
>
> Or are the files always down converted for the SB3 and always passed to
> the TP native (or a mix)?
>
> I'm sure I used to know how to check this, but I really haven't messed
> with the SBServer other than occasional upgrades in years.
>
> Could it be that I'm loosing fidelity not in the hardware but in moving
> the TP from one software server to another?

Only for >24/48 material, which needs to be downsampled by SOX on the
server for the SB3, but can be played natively on the TP. For <24/48 the
processing should be identical. I assume you are running a recent server
version? This all changed in 7.2.x Prior to that, SOX was not used.

If you are just using <24/48 it shouldn't matter what server version
you are using.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio