zzvelik;496187 Wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for an informative insight about the upcoming Touch both here &
> at the AA. I'd like to know if your SB3 was modded in any way.  I have a
> SB3 that has the digital output modified by The Bolder Cable Co. along
> with a modified Elpac power supply and was wondering how it would fare
> overall without taking into account the 24 bit /96 khz audio files.
>
> Thanks in advance,

The SB3 I was using for the above tests is a stock SB3.

The one installed in the main system has definetely been modified. I
have a DIY DAC which has two very low jitter oscillators running at the
same frequencies as the crystals in the SB3. I run these clocks into the
SB3 where they replace the original crystals. I then take the digital
signals going to the DAC chips and bring them into the DAC. They go into
a FPGA which separates the left justified stream into two 1 channel
streams, which go through a reclocker run by the local clock and on to
the 1704 DAC chips.

So I'm not using either the analog or digital out from the SB3.

Its interesting to note that the analog outs sound much better in this
configuration, presumably from the lower jitter clocks.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson