Hi John,

What you reported is quite similar to what I feel listening to WAV/PCM
instead of FLAC (see previuos posts), and the major conseguence to me is
that listening to FLAC drive to an early fadigue.

The strange thing is that in my system I could ear nearly the same
difference also if I stream FLAC as PCM, and I know is not depending on
the bits in the data stream...

Maybe Your trials and measures could help to understand, DBT could help
to, but please try also some longer listening experience.

I realy hope to find out a bug in my configuration and fix it, then
I'll use FLAC as storage file format, WAV and CUE are too bad for
"tagging" purpose.

Thanks, Marco.

--
marcoc1712