michael123;502896 Wrote:
> Being myself a programmer, I modified sox, by adding additional
> parameter for that..
>
> Upsampling LINN master files degrades their quality

An interesting comment as all Linn DS players upsample to 352.4 or 384
kHz prior to DAC to avoid all internal upsampler effects in the DAC.

See: http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Up-sampling

So the SOX experiments are ineffective in achieving better filter
characteristics.  You should have written my SOX upsampling degrades
Linn Master Files, because the Linn DS players don't.

There is also the issue of the DAC internal filter logic within SB3 or
Duet, which you have no control over.

--
DaveWr