Kuro;511161 Wrote:
> I don't understand why this is the case, as TP is supposed to have a
> better clock inside.  And usually, having the clock as close to the
> source as possible (ie: using TP's internal clock) should make for a
> better sounding system.
>
> If sync'ing to ext. clock via toslink results in better sound, does it
> imply TP's clock is not really that well implemented?
>
> .

No that's wrong. The BEST solution (least jitter) is always to use the
clock closest to/in the DAC to drive the digital transport. That's what
you are doing with the toslink cable and external clock sync (I'm
assuming you are connecting the spdif of the TP to the spdif input of
your 2.2xp).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio