richardw;511294 Wrote:
> thanks for the input phil. i think a nas works best for me because i
> can't drag the hd around with my laptop. that seagate blackarmor was
> only $165 at bb and $99 for a 1tb iomega usb hd for backup. i think i
> may send the readynas duo back and go this route. i may have to exchange
> the blackarmor i have as it is acting odd. everytime my laptop connects
> it gives an error message that the drive needs to be installed. if it
> even has one, it is supposed to be on windows (vista). it also has
> trouble durrring file transfers. i have been trying to move a 90gb music
> mile and a couple of times during the transfer it locks up and i have to
> skip files. it also seems to have doubled many songs. i am really
> frustrated. this has been going on for days!
>
> the up side is the blackarmor configuration plays well with sbs. runs
> super smooth and responsive. rips and scans are very fast too.

Good luck, Richard. Enjoy The Music!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio