cliveb;511824 Wrote:
> Over many years, I've experimented with balanced and unbalanced
> connections (not just the TP - I once had a CD player with balanced and
> unbalanced outputs, and also used to use a balanced line driver for
> unbalanced sources). I can't give a definitive reason for it, but
> there's something about balanced that gives the sound a sense of
> "solidity" and "organic texture" that I find missing from unbalanced.
> I'm guessing that it's something to do with the better grounding
> topology of balanced (lack of ground loops, no matter how tiny).

Interestingly the balanced inputs are what peaked my interest when I
first saw the back of a Transporter.  I have always loved my Adcom
GFA-5802 and GFP-750 combo that I have always interconnected with the
balanced inputs.  I currently use an unbalanced Sony ES player input to
provide a SACD source, but believe the Transporter would provide the
"HD" music desired without breaking what I believe to be a better
interconnection solution.

--
eeagle