Kuro,

I think we may be at cross purposes here.  Are you driving a DAC with
the transporter? or listening to the transporters analogue outputs?
While I still can't see how wired vs wireless would make any difference
(all other things being kept the same), I can see how using the word
sync input on the transporter and the local clock from a DAC would tidy
things up.

With your EE background, you should search this forum. There are links
to a very interesting paper about how SPDIF can introduce code
correlated jitter in a bandwidth limited link. So even if the
transporter had a zero jitter clock, by the time it has gone through
your DAC's input circuitry and the clock recovered from the SPDIF
datastream, it will exhibit jitter.

So dont assume that the transporter has a dodgy clock because your DAC
recovers a jittery clock from the SPDIF stream.

Still doesnt explain your wired vs wireless difference though.

Andy.

--
Andy8421