seanadams;513117 Wrote:
> It's called "TCP". Now, do you have testable claims or do you expect me
> to address your hand-waving on the subject?

Ah, I thought you were saying the data is being "pulled" on demand out
of the buffer.  You actually meant it on the buffer receiving side.

I don't mean to challenge you.  I'm trying to understand these effects
that me and others have heard, as they're not quite explainable using
conventional engineering means.  Just as some of us can hear the
difference in sound for a certain brand/type capacitor in an audio
circuit, and it cannot be easily backed up simple theories/experiments.
Sometimes there is an empirical approach to things...

The only testable claim I've with me is that the Toslink out from Duet
is different sounding than the Toslink out of the TP.  That's why I
bought the TP after using the Duet for a year, beacuse I wasn't entirely
happy with the sound.  I know it is not related to this thread.

I'm just a leecher on the Slimdevices forums, and I've read on some
threads that some folks also claim the same and other said they can't
hear the difference.  I think this also boils down to the resolution of
ones system and the ability to discern those small differences.

--
Kuro