iPhone;525114 Wrote:
> Audiophile wise it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

I appreciate your opinion, but having experienced many, and owned a few
pieces of Red Wine gear I feel you are incorrect.

iPhone;525114 Wrote:
> .... The Transporter is mainly designed for use with full stereo systems
> of which the majority run from AC mains.

Correct, and in some cases the TP is the only piece of hifi gear that
runs on mains.

I'm aware that my system may be niche, but the point of the OP was to
learn about the possibilities.  You can attempt to sway me with off
topic posts, but the question remains:

Wondering if anyone has been able to mod the TP for use with battery
power?

I know it's not easy - I was told so by the biggest proponent and maker
of battery powered audiophile products (his email is in my second post)
- but before I try it myself I was hoping to find someone who has
attempted it in the past.

--
kphinney

-I like it, you may not.  I understand and respect that.-