On 13/04/10 14:06, richardw wrote:

> no, i do not think the differences are psychological but i do think your
> position is rooted in more of an emotional response than scientific.

Out of interest, what do you think my "position" is? I have an audio
background - B.Eng(Hons) Electroacoustics, worked as a sound engineer -
and I can assure you that it is not rooted in emotion.

> blinded by science?? not even sure what you mean by that but i was
> trying to convey that if you think you understand it all you are vastly
> mistaken.

Ah, I didn't get that meaning at all. I would agree with you there.

As an aside - I actually find your prose hard to read as the shift key
doesn't seem to work on your keyboard.

> and you will find the same words about aes elsewhere so who's right? i
> chose to take the suggestion of the designer of my dac as it seems to
> be the most important device in my digital source. even upon review, it
> seems quite logical, doesn't it?

You chose to take the advice of the person who is taking your money? I'm
not sure I'd use the word "logical" to describe that.

You skipped my most important question/suggestion - have you tried a
double blind test? If not, you should.

Do *not* under-estimate the suggestive powers of your grey-matter.

R.