Themis;534272 Wrote:
> Without getting into details I agree with Robin and Phil:
>
> 1st, if an AES/EBU cable (MIT or whatever, I have already tried the
> MIT) sounds *significantly* better than a properly-constructed coax
> S/PDIF, then there is something going wrong somewhere in your setup.
> And I can't say neither what nor how to fix this. You'll need several
> tests using different dacs to find out what is going on.
>
> Lastly, as Phil says, it's your ears, your setup, your money. If you
> find there's nothing to fix, then don't try to fix it. ;)

to be clear...i would guess that the same cable design in spdif will
not sound significantly better. there have been several issues
discussed here so i think it has gotten confusing! aes sounds better on
my dac, this is not a massive better rather just better. it was also
recommended by the designer to use aes. i invested in a rather
expensive cable that does in fact make a significant difference over
other cables, i am sure it would as spdif as well but do not want to
get another to test it...that is i think how this whole discussion
started. nothing is wrong with my system!! it's fine. some just believe
i am imagining the impact of the cable and i would be better served
getting an inexpensive bnc cable or that if the cable is making that
big of an impact, the design of the dac i flawed.....i think!

--
richardw