Gazjam;541422 Wrote:
> Hi,
> using a "modded" Caiman here (See AOS Forum for details..) with my new
> Touch, used it previoulsy with my SB Classic..
>
> I use a coax rather than an Optical link as I found co-ax to be better
> sounding.
>
> One thing ive noticed about the Beresford is that it can show up
> differences in whatever is fed into it quite easily..
> For instance my Touch is obviously a much better digital transport than
> my SB3..sounds very much better.
> Also, while I was waiting on my Touch arriving, I had sold my SB3 and
> was using my DVD player playing MP3s through the Beresford.
> Have to say..going from this to my Touch was quite the revelation.
>
> So if your happy as you are (and you WILL be :)) co-ax into the Caiman
> is the way to go...use Fixed outputs not the variable ones unless you
> are running the Dac as a preamp into a Power Amp.
>
> Oh, and I would give your new Dac a few weeks (Id say 6) to fully "run
> in", as the sound you get at the start is very different from 6 weeks
> on.
>
> Further down teh line you can upgrade the Dac with different Opamps
> (easy job) or more hard core mods like upgrading the Output caps and
> Regulators (hard!)
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Gaz.

Thanks Gaz. Is Caiman shipping with the co-ax (or with any other
connection cables), or do I have to purchase co-ax separately?

I am not planning (for now) to use Caiman as a preamp, so I'll stick
with the fixed outputs.

Can I leave Caiman on and feed a 'white noise' break-in loop into it,
in order to shorten the 6 weeks burn-in period?

Very excited to hear that you (and others) are able to detect
substantial improvements to the quality of sound reproduction through
Caiman. My sound through Duet into the DPA 200s separates and then into
a pair of Maggie planar speakers is already to die for, very hard for me
to imagine how could it possibly get any better!

--
magiccarpetride