darrenyeats;545283 Wrote:
> This applies to all active speakers.
>
> I assume the theory behind doing it digitally is to reduce distortion
> to the signal compared to analogue circuits.
> Darren

Not really. It's not a digital amp. It's not a class D amp.

Tuning amps to each frequencies is applicable in both.

But the power needs using passive crossovers is the same in active and
passive.

Some actives convert to digital, do crossovers, then back to analog.
But adding a to d and d to a has other issues.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)