Thought I'd solicit some opinions from the more experienced listeners
here. I have a 2 channel system and am happy with the bass performance
that I get but friends insist that the quality of my system would
improve with the addition of a subwoofer. One in particular is heavy
into room measurements to position the subs in the proper position to
smooth bass performance throughout the room. He insists that the
correct position of the mains are never the best location for bass
performance. Although I'd never express this to him, his 2.1 rig with
subs sound "slow" to me, like the bass is a nanosecond behind where it
should be. I really don't care about the room in general because I have
two seats in the sweet spot and always sit in one of those. My mains are
rated down to 22hz and I mostly listen to jazz or classic rock, which I
suspect has very little content below 40hz. Anyone played around with
subs in a 2 channel system? Were your experiences positive with subs
added? By the way, I have very little latitude with placement of a
sub(s), this is not a dedicated room.

--
ghostrider