iPhone;549682 Wrote:
> ...there is no difference whatsoever between using Ethernet and Wireless
> for the transfer of Data... as long as one has a strong wireless network
> without interference, there isn't any difference in audio quality.
>
> ...there is no difference between USB and Ethernet for transporting
> digital data of ones and zeros...

Of course, _many_ people - both here and elsewhere - have claimed to
hear an apparent sonic quality improvement with the slimdevices units,
when using a wired connection instead of wireless.  Sure, they possibly
might all be wrong; but if there is a difference, it would not need to
be due to the data transmission accuracy (I don't know if anybody had
suggested that), but would be due to some other mechanism.  Some have
suggested or suspected possible interactions with subsequent analog
circuitry / AC interaction / etc - but I don't think anybody has ever
been able to show or demonstrate such a mechanism (please correct me if
I'm mistaken).

I think earwaxer is also absolutely correct that ethernet can traverse
much longer distances than USB without any need for signal boosters
etc.

Thanks earwaxer for posting your comments.  :)

--
NewBuyer