Gazjam;557346 Wrote:
> Do BNC's not make a difference?
>
> My thoughts though were on the differences between the Touch and the
> Trasporter AS DIGITAL TRANSPORTS only, with everything being equal.
> Would be interested to hear what your thoughts are if you ever get the
> chance to compare the Touch and the Transporter into the same seperate
> Dac...not into the Transporters digital input.
>
> The idea I supppose is to test the quality of the respective digital
> outputs into a seperate Dac.
> I know folk who have, and are using the Transporter into a seperate Dac
> bacause thats what they happened to have, not because they chose teh
> Transporter over teh TOuch as a "better" digital transport.
> But if buying new, they would get a Touch.
>
> Id love a Transporter..but mostly for other reasons than sound
> quality...and only if I could get it dirt cheap!
>
> Good hobby this isn't it? :)

The fact is that hiFace sounds much, much better - everything else
equals, except for BNC input
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=499418&postcount=2)

Transporter is $1200-1300 on audiogon, new in a box.
I bought mine there for 1600$, also brand new

Transporter, of course, cannot be even compared to Touch as digital
transport, having AES/EBU interface, clock input, BNC.
Transporter is completely different architecture, much better clock,
and regulated power supplies (yes, it has many)

Transporter is just a completely different product.

So, tell your folks to keep Transporter :)

--
michael123