I'm trying to work out why I get a signal lock but no sound through my
external DAC from my Squeezebox Duet.

My DAC is designed to "extract a 44.1kHz signal and a 16 bit data
signal from the S/PDIF signal"

I have a 75 ohm coax cable with an RCA SB end and a BNC DAC end with
stereo RCA interconnects to my amplifier. The DAC confirms there's a
lock on the signal but I hear nothing through the amp.

I've tried different Squeezecentre settings for volume control output
level but no change. Have tried streaming FLAC, WAV and radio but still
no change.

Is a 16 bit DAC incompatible with the SB Duet?

--
Evil_Edna