Gazjam;564983 Wrote:
> Hi Phil..
>
> I'm decoding my Flac files on my server (as opposed to on the Touch
> natively) to reduce the load on the Touch CPU (See "Software mods" for
> the Touch..)
> Have I set up Squeezebox server wrong for this?
> (I had assumed I had the server doftware set up for best audio
> quality?)
>
> The files are Flac 24/96, about 151MB in size.
>
> More info:
> Sample Rate: 96 Khz
> Sample Size: 24 Bits
>
> ..it was the "converted to" that had me curious...that and the fact it
> seemed to be downsampling to 1411kbps?
> But if I dont need to worry about it...cool!
>
> Just wanting to ensure my Touch is set up to play the hires files
> properly.
>
> Thanks!

The Kbps meter is not accurate. If it says 24/96, then you are OK.

Don't change the FLAC to PCM. I prefer:
FLAC=Native
MP3=FLAC/lame
PCM=FLAC

If one is not running TinySC, don't worry about the CPU load on the
Touch.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom