garym;567448 Wrote:
> did you have additional questions about this answer? Please followup if
> you want more info or explanation. Either here or there.
>
> http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/Best-way-to-keep-lossless-and-compressed-iTUnes-libraries-for-SB/m-p/472217#M160
>
> Check this thread for MAC alternatives to dbpa or EAC
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73445&highlight=accuraterip+mac

Your answer was very helpful, thanks.  I was hoping to keep my SB
integrated with  iTunes libraries since I use them for Iphones etc.

I was also looking for something a little more Mac friendly- is there a
real problem just ripping in iTunes and Apple lossless.  Are there
really many errors compared with with EAC?  I haven't run into problems
with this, but have not looked critically.

It did not occur to me to use FLAC, is there an advantage to this?
Also why do you mess with the tags etc, so much?  Isn't everything
indexed and tagged in iTunes?

Thanks,
Bruce

Why do