Mnyb;571802 Wrote:
> I still like phils idea about measuring it better .
>
> If it can be measured we don't need an elaborate dbt test.
>
> Dbt is great for weeding out if there is a difference if we have many
> unknown to fight with .
>
> The output is not an unknown it is an electrical signal and it can be
> measured.
>
> If it can be measured that the signal from the Touch when playing WAV
> is identical (or not) to the signal when playing FLAC then we are
> done.
>
> Or it would be satifactory to prove that the difference "signal WAV"
> minus "signal FLAC" is -100dB to -120dB or something then it would be
> beyond human hearing or the analog Noise floor of the Touch itself.
> If the difference signal is random noise even better .
>
> Would ADM with 24bit 96kHz input be doable, to get a really deep "null"
> .
> If that 0 is much weaker than the lSB of 16bit redbook CD then it can
> be proved that CD quality would be identical if differences shows up at
> signal levels not present at a normal CD .
> Most people do not have any hi-rez files at all anyway.
>
> Or I'm totally wrong here ?

I'm going to setup my test rig again at the weekend.
I never did test John's headphone observation. Let's see if that one
goes anywhere. It SHOULD be observable via ADM.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.