Dave (Northumberland);569577 Wrote:
> I had a demo of a Naim Dac and a Cyrus Dac XP with my Touch. The Naim
> killed the Cyrus across the board but no surprise as its more money
> without the pre built in.
>
> Both these dacs were out of my price range really and I was only having
> a listen out of curiosity of what the Touch would sound like through
> them. I was also comparing the Touch to a Niam HDX both running through
> the Naim dac and the Touch wasn't miles away from the HDX (pleasant
> surprise).
>
> The thing that struck me though was the Naim dac could play direct from
> a USB port on the front, which is probably a better method of playback
> that any external source from a purely audio perspective. There is no
> screen and only play pause and skip forward and back controls so a bit
> hard if you had a lot of music on one stick. I am now thinking of
> having about 10 small USB sticks with my rotating current favourite
> records on that I could swap and play direct on the dac and then also
> have the Touch there as a more expanded catalogue. By avoiding the need
> to upgrade from a Touch to a better source (by using direct usb pen
> drives) I could then push my dac budget up to the Naim dac.
>
> Is this a mad plan, any thoughts on this welcome.

What is the rest of your system like?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.