azaz44;573687 Wrote:
> Incredible, you're right.
> I've bought this amp used it came together with XLR->RCA converters, so
> I just used them always and now thought it doesn't have RCAs.
>
> I don't have the shorting plugs unfortunately, but I'll build them
> simply and replace the connectors I use now (they look not great
> actually).
>

> But I think these connectors are not the reason for my problems,
> because they work with all other equipment. What I used is exactly
> this:
>
> http://www.fullcompass.com/product/297984.html
>
> It's written it has signal on pin 1, and pin's 2+3 connected to ground.

The EC requires GND on pin 1, + on pin 2 and - on pin 3 for its XLR's.

As CliveB explained, the SB ground is not referenced to earth, it
floats.

You need to follow the manual and not use XLR cables,

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.