Thank you for your replies.

Several types of linear outboard PSU has been recommended in several
forums. And also in this Forum.!
I have though respect for you guys in here. When you say that there is
no different in soundstage when using different outboard PSU.
I believe that your experience with the SBT and an other PSU then the
supplied already has been tested?
What types of PSU has you tested?
Thank you for your information regarding supply the SBT with 5.6V (
600mV Overvoltage) when using a battery.
Regarding Ground loops. I also believe in avoiding ground loops with
proper system setup. And my experience is that this can be tricky...
By the way: regarding avoiding groundloops: do you guys have any good
experience using optical cables for the SPDIF(Toslink) connection?

Please Check this interesting link for updates regarding the SBT.
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/p/squeezebox-touch-great-base-for-network.html

I find this link very interesting. I have not yet tested all the
modifications, so I can't comment the author modifications.

All these has made me interesting in making this "upgrade". I have not
yet listen to the System yet, because the PSU is yet not ready for use.

One thing I can say (hear ) for sure is that a Net filter in front of
the Original 5V adaptor PSU will improve sound stage. This Net filter
will filter both incoming "noise" to the SBT and Outcoming "noise" from
the SBT / original 5V adaptor PSU.

Regarding HW modifications:

It is correct that there are Switch supplies inside the SBT. And these
can properly be improved.
I also believe that the Clock circuits can be improved if Low
Jitter(Phase Noise) OSC is installed instead of using the installed two
crystals that are running on 24.576MHz(for 96KHz samples ) and
22.579MHz(for 44.1KHz Samples). the OSC must of cause have own
regulation for each OSC. This will be a future upgrade.
Decoupling caps in the right values and in the right places around the
Digital supplies could properly also improve the Jitter of the Digital
output.
The reason for not buying the transport are that I'm driving the
Digital output into a outboard DAC. The "digital output" Jitter of the
SBT are lower when compared with a Transporter.
Please see Links:
Jitter measurement for SBT:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/files/SBTouch_Jitter_SPDIF_0.jpg
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/files/SBTouch_Jitter_Toslink.jpg

Jitter measurement for Transporter: (see fig 10)
http://stereophile.com/mediaservers/207slim/index4.html

I have NOT test this my self but I hope the above links shows  valid
measurements.

Back to the Linear supply.
This is my first try to make the SBT sound even better then it
originally already does, but I now aware that there may not  be any
improvement.

--
Caad