Yes the mods were by audiocom (and incidentally thanks for your advice
on that). I have also had a new clock put in the touch by audio
upgrades incidentally. It seems very odd that the lock is lost when I
try to play the files and that i have to reboot the touch to get it
back. The touch does not show any error message.
I am running squeezeserver 7.5.2 on a Qnap Ts 239 via wifi.

I am not at home so can't check all the audioconversion settings. Will
find them and post them tonight. is there any way of resetting them to
the original factory settings without uninstalling squeezeserver.

I spose my next step might be to try and see if I can play the 24/96
files off a usb drive.
I am not sure whether i have any 24/48 files but will have a look.

--
adamdea