adamdea;574590 Wrote:
> How do you rate the transporter as against the benchmark as a dac?

It's a challenge to "rate" and I hate to use terms like "warmer", but
the best I can do is state that the transporter has a bit "warmer"
sound to me than the benchmark.  I suppose the proof is in the pudding.
I went back and forth for a few months, and then finally decided to just
leave the benchmark out. It sat unused for 6 months. I now have the
benchmark connected to a TOUCH at the weekend cabin. Obvious overkill
given that the benchmark only feeds a set of audioengine A5s. But I
didn't want to get rid of the benchmark and hated to see it sitting
unused at home.

I like them both, but for a networked music device, adding a DAC to the
Transporter simply seemed unnecessary. If I had purchased the
Transporter first, I likely never would have purchased the Benchmark.
But I suppose it is just as well that I did. Otherwise I would have
felt the urge to experiment anyhow.

--
garym