adamdea;574704 Wrote:
> Back to the original theme- I am returning my touch to Audio upgrades.
> Brent (the owner) tells me that he does not think there is a missing
> 48kHz oscillator but I am going to send the Touch back to him to
> investigate. I am still haunted by the possibility that i may have
> messed up some setting along the way.

Well, the only setting that relates to this is the convert.conf file
(which would be replaced by a reinstall of SBS).

The fact that your Touch does not play either 48 or 96k files seems
fairly conclusive... both are native FLAC formats with no transcoding.

For sure the SB3 had two crystals in it - and I don't see how a single
clock can replace both since they are non-multiples and there is no
ASRC going on in there..

John Swenson would know what is in the Touch... John?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.