ncarver;575600 Wrote:
> I guess I didn't find this funny because I am not sure how the cable
> company guy was trying to "take advantage of others" by asking somebody
> with an audio website to review his cable.  Yes, it is somewhat amusing
> that he asked somebody who believes that all cables sound identical.
> But the only way this is truly funny is if you believe that cables
> really do all sound the same, are just "snake oil," and are known to be
> such by the people that make and sell them.  Since a great many of us do
> not believe this, the linked post is not in any way funny.  It is not
> that we missed the point, it is that you don't understand why we would
> be offended by a post that effectively calls us stupid and deluded.
> Actually, I did laugh at somebody that fancies himself an
> objectivist/scientist yet doesn't feel he has to waste his time
> measuring or in any way testing these cables to know for an absolute
> fact that they cannot possibly sound different under any circumstances
> in any system.  That is actually pretty damn funny!  Ha, ha, ha, ha.

So it wasn't funny that the vendor when confronted with a possible bad
review decided it wasn't worth the risk?  He only wanted someone to
rubber stamp their approval not really review the cables. Sorry if his
(Dan's)beliefs don't jell with yours but I'm sure even you would want
vendors to work differently than this.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality