I would certainly agree that a touch + excellent DAC can be comparable
to the Transporter.

However, at least in the US a smart shopper can find a used or even
close out TP for as little as 900.00. That is a bargain that would be
hard to match with Touch+DAC.

I've heard the Perfect Wave DAC and it is a great sounding unit but
wasn't better for me.

If at some point I hear a DAC significantly better my TP will become an
excellent transport that also looks cool :-)

In the meantime the biggest improvement in my system came from Herbies
Gliders underneath my Watt/Puppies.
I have wood floros on post and beam and the floor is spongy.
Decoupling my speakers from the floor with the gliders hade a very
significant impact on the bass, midrange and imaging. It was a huge
upgrade , far more difference than any 2 DACs I have ever heard.
Bass way tighter, imaging kind of jaw droppingly better.

Total cost was about 100.00.

Well, I guess the point of this long winded post is that DACs today are
so good that there are many other areas that yield more obvious
improvements.

--
tomjtx