Recently i have a Spotify premium account and I am very satisfied about
it. To discover new music it,s second to none. But I am a bit of and
audiophile like most here, so I compared the sound quality to flac
files on my hard drive.

I discovered a big difference in sound quality. The Flac files sound
more open and the high's are much better. Also the Spotify Ogg stream
seems more muffled.

I didn't expect such a big difference because Spotify streams in
320Kb/s.
With some mp3's in my collection its hard to here the difference
between Flac and the lossy files.

Question:
Does my squeezebox reciever recode the Ogg files again?
Any explanation about the sound differance
what's your experience with spotify

Hardware used:
Squeezbox Reciever
DA converter, Cambrigde Audio Dacmagic 1
AMP, Marantz PM-14 MK2
Speakers, B&W CDM NT9

--
squeezophile