I am in the midst of a dilemma, deliberating whether to purchase Touch
or Transporter. My current slim device is SB Duet, which I'm extremely
pleased with. I am feeding its hopefully bit-perfect signal into my
Beresford Caiman DAC, then into the DPA separates and finally asking
the pair of big-ass Magnepane speakers to push the air for me.

All that to an incredibly spectacularly resulting sound. Now I want to
reach out for the final 2% improvement, inching my way toward musical
Nirvana.

What I'm not clear on is how much can a better digital transport
improve the sound quality? And I'm not talking hi rez signal here,
merely your red book stuff. I will definitely go with one of the above
two players, just not convinced that it would be worth spending seven
times more for the Transporter over Touch.

Any arguments pro or con?

--
magiccarpetride